Wednesday, 21th of December 2017 The Local Student Consultant project of IBR
Wednesday, 21th of December 2017
The Local Student Consultant project of IBR
The goal of the Student Consultant Project is to enhance the quality of IBR’s research through cooperation between Dutch and Chinese, Myanmarese & Thai students.
The Student Consultant Project will start in January 2018, as the LSCs will be paired to one of the Dutch student pairs which are assigned to a research. This depends upon the moment the contract with the company is signed, but most contracts will be signed before January 2018. As soon as the research couple is assigned to a research, you will be contacted personally.
In April 2018, the Dutch students will arrive in China and Myanmar & Thailand. At this moment in time, you will meet your research couple in person. In the next five weeks of field research, the contact and cooperation will be more intensive.
- Schedule business appointments, visit companies and assist the Dutch student-consultants
- Conduct research (qualitative, quantitative or a combination of the two)
- Provide support in general (e.g. communication with local business people)
What are we looking for?
- Good/sufficient level of English
- Possibility to go to interviews in Myanmar & Thailand together with the Dutch students
- Act as interpreter and local source of knowledge
- Enthusiastic and motivated local student-consultants
- Desk Research Phase (late January- late April 2018) : 1-2 hours a week
- Field research phase (late April – May 2018) : 10-20 hours a week
What do we offer?
- Compensation for your expenses that are on behalf of IBR (bus tickets etc.)
- Gaining international business research experience
- A great intercultural experience
- Learning to analyse the Chinese and Myanmarese & Thai market from an international perspective
- Interview experience
- Training by professors and/or external company
- Working together with motivated Dutch senior top students
- A certificate signed by our supervising professors as proof of your participation and help
- A boost to your CV
- Goodbye activity and/or dinner
Contact information – Apply here